Hired boat
Brian and I on the boat in a cove of Phi Phi Lay
Our boat entering a cove of Phi Phi Lay
Here I am in the boat heading toward another cove of Phi Phi Lay
Because of rough waves, our boat could not enter the cove in which "The Beach" was filmed. Instead, we would have to swim under this rock and enter the famous beach from the back side. Unfortunately for us, we had to wait for the tide to recede a bit. This picture looks calm, but waves were crashing into that recess every minute. With our hired boat time running out, Brian attempted to go through this entrance (I knew the limits of my swimming ability and opted not to try it). Brian had the camara bag swept out of his hand and into the rocks twice (cameras were fine, luckily) and he cut his foot when a big wave took him into some rocks. Thankfully he gave up and came back to the boat at that point. We decided that buying some postcards would be a much better idea.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home